Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Meet the crew!


Zack.

Zack J Powers: Owner/ Operator

"I wanted to take a few moments and tell you what you can expect from me as an owner and as a mason. My heart and work ethic drives me to be on top of my game. I am always hungry to learn more and be better than what I was yesterday. Every job comes with a challenge that I meet with eagerness and determination. I am chomping at the bit to help drive and grow my company to its highest potential. I promise to give 110% on every job, every day.
I was born in Great Falls, Montana and was raised in Monument, Colorado. I have always loved sports and the outdoors. At a very young age I became involved with athletics. I have always strived for excellence as an athlete, and that can be seen in my work ethic. I helped as a team captain with my soccer team, and led a football team to an undefeated season as an Iron Man. I also hold a school record for the fastest pin for wrestling. I am competitive and hard working by nature.
I graduated in 2008 from WWU Masonry Trade School, where I learned about building leads and running a brick line. While working with previous employers, I started as a grunt and worked my way up to a lead. I started from the bottom, mixing mud and moving brick, and advanced to designing and executing complex patios, chimneys, pizza ovens, and various masonry jobs. My passion lies with the knowledge and ethics I have. Taking these tools, I decided to open up my own company and strive for excellence. I am always looking to increase my knowledge and skills."

Steven Scott, Vice President

Steven Scott has over ten years experience with helping companies grow and develop from the ground up. Literally helping companies start out of the gate as ideas and developing them into viable forces in the market place, Steven has helped fortune 500 companies gain footholds in places like Wyoming and Washington State. Steven's philosophy in business is simply "don't allow yourself to fail." If your heart is in it, you will find the motivation and opportunities to succeed. Steven's contribution to the team is to help develop and lead the marketing and sales of the business.
Steven graduated in 1996 from Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, Washington. After marrying his wife, Daisy, they moved to Wyoming where they worked as actors in a small college located in Casper, Wyoming. It is there Steven discovered and started developing his business skills. Later he moved to Washington where he and his wife adopted their only child Marques. Marques is Steven's consistent and loving motivation. He wants his son to be proud of his father, so Steven has taken this to the next level. Steven will lead by example. If sales are down you will see him in the field developing new business. If the crew is behind you will see him with a bag of mud or trowel in his hand. He is excited and honored to be part of this team.

Kimberly (Kimi) Crombie, Lead Controller/ Administrator



As the newest member of our team, Kimi comes aboard with 8 years of experience in the construction industry. As a Dean's List graduate of the University of Washington, Kimi is familiar with and always ready to meet challenges head-on. As a rule of thumb, her drive towards success comes from one of her favorite phrases, "If it is to be, it is up to me." Extremely detail-oriented, Kimi keeps things organized, and focuses on streamlining techniques, goals and standards to be as efficient as possible. She is never bored, and loves having numerous tasks to tackle and finish each day. You'll never find her free of multi-tasking, and she thrives on keeping busy. Her heart motivation is always to help contribute to success as often as she can, and she loves working with a team to accomplish common goals.
      Kimi loves to play sports, and having been involved in competitive soccer for nearly 20 years, and softball for 15 years. In her free time, Kimi enjoys reading, playing music, couponing, learning and teaching anything she can. She and her husband, Robert, were married in February of 2010, and enjoy playing softball together in a co-ed league in Arlington during the spring and summer. In their free time, Robert and Kimi love to take day trips, go camping, and explore the beautiful state of Washington together with friends. They are also very involved in ministries at their church, volunteering their time especially in the Awana program as Directors of the Trek (6th-8th grade) age group. Additionally, Kimi plays piano, violin, flute, guitar, clairinet, and drums. She spends several hours a week with the music team at church. Robert and Kimi both sing in the young adult choir at church, and Robert helps Kimi organize and publish the church's monthly newsletter.
            In short, you'll never see Kimi sitting idle, and she's always eager to find something to do that will lead the entire team at Powers Chimney & Masonry towards success.



Ekraam Shah, Chimney Sweep and Technician        

Ekraam has 5 years of experience, and has seen just about every type of chimney. This includes wood stoves - free-standing and inserts. He has also seen Pellet stoves and pre-fab fireplaces, open fireplaces, and even Russian designed fireplaces. He is also trained to perform safety inspections, diagnose problems, and repair issues that need to be done. Ekraam truly enjoys what he does. He takes a lot of pride in providing a service - an important service that helps keep our customers homes safe and comfortable. When he's not at work, Ekraam loves to stay mostly at home with his wife and three dogs. When the opportunity presents itself, Ekraam loves to travel. He is lucky enough to have seen large parts of the world: France, England, Sweden, South Africa, Pakistan, and Jamaica, just to name a few. Ekraam still has a few more he would like to see.

For more information, please visit http://www.powerscm.com or call (360) 691-9828.

No comments:

Post a Comment